Makes 2 Servings
- – 6 egg whites
- – 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- – 2 cups sliced strawberries
- – 2 tbsp Splenda
- – 4 scoops vanilla or strawberry protein powderDirections
- 1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat 6 egg whites and 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed, until the egg whites become fluffy and hold stiff peaks.
- 3. Scoop this mixture out into two large ball-like portions on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 4. With the back of a large spoon, depress the middle of each portion to form a pocket (this is where the fruit will go).
- 5. Bake in the oven until the mixture turns light golden brown, between 5 and 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to let cool.
- 6. Cut up 2 cups of strawberries and mix in a bowl with Splenda. Add the protein powder to this mixture, 1 scoop at a time, mixing well. Once these dry ingredients are mixed together, add water – 1 tbsp at a time – until the mixture becomes creamy.
- 7. Pour the strawberry mixture into the meringue pockets, letting it flow over the sides. Serve cool.Nutritional Facts
- Calories: 330
- Protein: 52g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fat: 4g
Related terms: Strawberry Meringue Cookies Recipe, Strawberry Meringue Frosting, Strawberry Meringue Pie, Strawberry Meringue Buttercream, Strawberry Meringue Torte, Strawberry Meringue Cake, Strawberry Meringue Clouds, Strawberry Meringue Cookies Made with Jello